Europe’s MediaLab (Fondation EURACTIV) is a think-and-do-tank developing quality projects fostering the media sector’s innovation and skills, and organising policy conferences, training programmes and workshops. Our expertise and services are:
- THINK – Media Policy: Strategy, research, studies and events on media policy, media innovation, platform regulation, disinformation, and governance
- THINK – Media Policy: Stakeholder and policymaker relations, expertise on business models, editorial and legal issues
- THINK – Media Policy: Advice and coordination of communication & dissemination (with EURACTIV Media Network)
- DO – Innovation training: Training and coaching media on EU institutions and EU policies
THINK – Media Policy: We have a strong track record with media across borders. In many projects, we have a strategic role, not always as project leader, demonstrating an ability to bring together the best players efficiently. Significant experience and deep industry insight are our strengths. We are a trusted and knowledgeable partner for stakeholders and the EU institutions. We provide innovative and original tools and ideas for the implementation of policy events and innovation projects, led by a highly-skilled and experienced team. In 2021, with our partner IDATE Digiworld, we are carrying out the European Commission’s strategic feasibility study on a European Platform for Quality Content.
DO – Training and Innovation: Training is an integral aspect of our organisation’s sustained growth in an era of media crisis. In the past 15 years, we have trained about 1,000 media professionals, involving cross-border media cooperation. Our flagship project is Stars4Media, the innovation exchange programme for media professionals. With our partners the VUB University, the European Federation of Journalists and the leading publishers’ association WAN-IFRA, we are implementing the second edition in 2021 and 2022 (see the call for initiatives).
In cooperation with EURACTIV Media Network (present in 12 countries), we provide communication activities to strengthen projects’ media presence and stakeholder outreach. As Europe’s MediaLab, we do not rely on EU funding only. We offer partnerships focused on training and innovation for media, interested organisations have the opportunity to:
1- Sponsor our flagship innovation exchange programme for media professionals, which showed its impact and quality: the Second Edition Stars4Media (co-financed by the EU). This will offer strong visibility to the sponsors among media organisations, journalists, policy makers, and media innovators all over Europe, in particular during the Media4Europe Summit in March 2021.
2- Support new waves of the Stars4Media innovation exchange programme. For example, a national version of this innovation training programme connecting different regions from a specific EU country.
- Marc Sundermann, Project Director. He has developed a robust expertise in media and copyright law, working for more than 20 years for media groups (lately for Bertelsmann). In 2018, he was a member of the EU High-Level Expert Group on disinformation. LinkedIn Profile
- Christophe Leclercq, founder of EURACTIV Media Network & Chairman of Europe’s MediaLab (Fondation EURACTIV). In 2018, he was a member of the EU High-Level Expert Group on disinformation (and rapporteur for the press subgroup). Former EU competition official and corporate strategy consultant, has an extensive knowledge of Media pure players and regulation. LinkedIn Profile
- Other ad hoc experts that we typically know for more than 10 years
We look forward to hearing from you and developing tailored and impactful projects for the health of the media sector. Please reach out to Thierry Leroy, Secretary General – secgen(at)euractiv.com – to discuss exciting opportunities to collaborate.